Lets be honest, let us open the window and let the fresh air in.
Below are the top articles that Buzzsumo has ranked for the keyword, “content marketing”, for the last 7 days. They use a system based on social media signals.
My question is this.
Do you think these are the best articles on the subject, for the past 7 days?
Is the information essential reading and do they deserve all those social media votes?
Or is something else going on?
Has blogging become tribal?
More about the tribe, the bloggers you love, than about the information they share.
And then, turn it around to your blog, to the tribe you have, the niche you operate in. Is there something to be learned from the people in this list about how they do it, rather than what they tell use to do?
Sometimes it’s useful to question the direction we are going in.
1. Everything the tech world says about marketing is wrong
2. Great Content ? Long-Form Content
3. The Buzzfeed Approach to Social Media Strategy
4. Our software must get better
5. Learn to Code: 16 Handy Resources to Get Started
6. 3 Tactics That’ll Make Writing Tighter as Easy as 1-2-3
7. Why You Should Forget About Linkedin
8. Seth’s Blog: Awareness, trust and action
9. What Is Creativity? 21 Authentic Definitions You’ll Love [Free Poster] copyblogger
10. 23 Things to Consider When Creating Video Content