Not many people know this, but I invented Facebook

OK not me exactly, it was actually one of my ancestors, Rupert Antcliff III. In the 18th century he invented a way for people to write on other peoples walls. Sure, it was before the Internet, but the concept was his intellectual property.

By rights, the Facebook squillions should be mine, but as I’m a nice guy I wont get the lawyers involved and can be bought off with an all expences paid, weekend trip to Vegas.

More and more people are crawling out of the woodwork to claim they invented facebook The new guy being Aaron Greenspan (no relation), also making claims, Divya Narendra, Cameron Winklevoss, Tyler Winklevoss, Peter Cashmore, Sridhar Vembu and Zoli Erdos.

Muhammad Saleem is running a meme on all peoples of the Earth who are making a claim on Facebook. Surely you have a claim too, blog about it and link back to all the other claiments.

Let us all rise up and shout, “I INVENTED FACEBOOK.”

Comments

I INVENTED FACEBOOK… seriously I did!!! :-)

It reminds me of that character Lyle in the 2003 version of The Italian Job who kept claiming he invented Napster but his room mate stole it from him while he was sleeping!!! Sorry not very SEO but I thought I would mentioned it!!!

Was this before or after the prison break?

By the way I quite clearly invented facebook, well not quite our version was called arsetome but the principle was the same!

Rupert might have invented writing on peoples walls but heh a few years later my great uncle modded it with aerosol paint sprays and graffitti!

Do I get a look in? ;)

I must admit the italian job story did spring to mind, but it’s interesting that all of these people are coming out of the woodwork now, and why they didn’t say something when Zuckerberg were putting in the hours and securing funding to launch and develop the platform.

It reminds me of lottery wins, when enermies come out and ask for money….. silly really.

Si

5. carsten says

well I think anybody with half a brain could and should have invented facebook. Only question is when. I am proud to say that I had well thought out outline ready back in 1999. So I think I should have paid trips to vegas unlimited untill I win big money :)

and to everybody else that also invented facebook – just remember to keep inventing – we still need to get smarter.

6. Web Designer says

Lyndon, how about suing Facebook?

You’ll lose, of course, – so I wouldn’t actually go through with it.

All you need to do is threaten to sue them, get the inevitable coverage on the BBC, CNN and in the blagosphere and then sit back and enjoy the link juice.

Then quietly announce 3 weeks later you’ve settled out of court for 32 pence.

Real world linkbaiting, if you like?