SEO Blogs ranked by Feedburner

I thought I would trawl through my own blogroll and others to note down feed burner numbers.

It’s interesting who lists and who doesn’t. I don’t think one can deduce because a feed is not listed that it is small.

Top Rank Blog

vinnylingham.com
944
copyblogger.com

Marketing
lonelymarketer.com
494

Well done Darren Rowse for topping my unscientific poll.
I think Brian Clark at Copyblogger has had the fastest growth rate, something to be studied and learned from that dude.
Well done Viperchill at having the stones to publish your feed. It has only one direction to go.

Be Sociable, Share!

Comments

Well it was 55 two days ago and the day following i hadnt even made a post and it dropped to 46 so i have no idea how accurate it is ;)

To be honest i dont find it embarassing, i think i write good content and when i get emails and comments it makes it all worth while :). I think it tempts people to ‘follow the crowd’ when they see others have subscribed, much like people digg stories (on digg) what is on the homepage before even viewing it

Nice post, and thanks Lyndon

Exactly Glen, it only matters if it matters. It’s not the ultimate metric, but it is a metric.

But if something can be measured it can be improved.

I agree, I think comments and emails are a far more accurate metric.

I think those feedburner stats are cool. Its good to think that 111 people are in to the stuff I write. I also agree with the big number theory too, if people see a big number then they instantly think wooah cool.

I’m enjoy watching my little number thingy grow though, I remember when it was like 3, even then I thought cool I have 3 subs :D

It is gratifying to know that people out there actually read the stuff. Even if it’s one person.

Someday when my blog grows up, I hope it can reach anything close to Brian Clark’s numbers. Wow.

I have a feeling SEOmoz numbers are higher than Feedburner is reporting, possibly double.

Cheers!

See lyndon its jumped to 56 now, i really dont know if that many people subscribe and unsubscribe when i havnt done anything different

Anyone have a good idea with feedburner stat accuracy :)?

As far as I understand, the stats are based on how many times your feed is accessed and then the number is extrapolated from there.

It’s not based on the amount of subscribers you actually have.

Mine has gone form 287 to 250 to 283 in a week.

There is probably a margin of error of about 10% to 15%, factor that in and you ahve a good idea as to what is happening.

Sorry Ogletree, I couldn’t find the feedburner stats on your site. I still can’t. I only added those sites who displayed the stats. Which is why I don’t even list my own.