What Digg users love about SEO

Getting Your Site Indexed Before You Launch
Diggs 1212 PR 0 Alexa 4k Cached pages 1680 Technorati Rank 5,801
Submitted by Mark Daoust
site-reference.com

SEO for FireFox Launches!
Diggs 939 PR 5 Alexa 990 Cached pages 2010 Technorati Rank 218

Submitted by jem
vaughns-1-pagers.com

Interview with Adam Lasnik of Google
Diggs 281 Pr 5 Alexa 7k Cached pages 260 Technorati rank 344
Submitted by webtickle
toprankblog.com

The word on the streets is that Diggers hate SEOs. While this may be true in the main, SEO stories still make the front page. Diggers have websites and would like to know how to organise their web pages in such a way that Google loves them. Nothing wrong with that. I think some Diggers have a misguided view on what SEO actually is.

Sure, some people use SEO to serve up empty pages filled with nothing but Adsense or regurgitated information. Some people use hammers to kill people, but you don’t put all carpenters in prison.

SEO does not cause spam, spammers cause spam.

I have included some metrics as I collected the top SEO stories on Digg. I will leave it to you to interpret, I’m not so sure if the metrics provide any useful information. Although it is interesting to note the Technorati rankings in correlation with other metrics such as Alexa.

The top Diggs are thin on the ground, I’m sure if I compared it with a different keyword such as “CSS”, there would be a huge difference.

Most SEO centric stories do not make it, but as the Digg crowd matures maybe some will.

Comments

I think when you or rather your audience :) submit stories to digg, avoid using the word SEO, ost of those stories don’t have the word SEO in the title, and since the title is what people click the link on, I wrote a quick post today about what to do when your linkbait fails I forgot to put that one of the reasons linkbait fails is that your trying to attract the wrong audience, by using the word SEO in the title you are simply attracting the anti spam lobby (rightly or wrongly) but by placing titles about the specific topic you attract the people who actually know what your talking about.

Well, they’re a fickle lot that’s for sure. I see our blog listed above, yet digg users saw fit to ban our domain after several posts (not submitted by me or anyone on my staff) hit the digg home page 4 times in 6 weeks.

I like the updated design by the way, very clean.