In a previous post I talked about how womens magazines are a great source for linkbait headlines
For example, there are some great headline ideas over at Magnetic Web Content.
I thought I would share the thought process for the writing of that headline, which I think is pretty good. Although it’s not yet been tested and I always think there is a better headline out there.
I try to give the headline about half as much thought as the actual writing of the post. It’s so important to get the best headline you can. I always feel I could do better if I had more time, just one more tweak. But there comes a point when you just have to let go.
Here are the alternative headlines I brainstormed, some of them are awful, but the point of a brainstorm is to write down everything you think. A bad idea can be the trigger for a great idea
- 18 Linkbait headlines – it’s not what you think
- 18 Example headlines not intended for linkbait
- 18 Reasons a Linkbaiter should read womens magazines
- 18 Reasons to think out of the box when creating Linkbait
- Let a woman teach you the secrets of Linkbait
- 18 Reasons you should read magazines
- Let your girlfriend teach you how to linkbait
- 18 Linkbaiting tips from your girlfriend
- Learn how to linkbait from a woman
- 18 ways to learn how to linkbait from your girlfriend
- The secret of linkbaiting women have found